Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Trials & testing of life

Elder Richard G. Scott is quoted tonight. In looking for his quotes, I found one that I needed to have repeated again.

Nick is obsessing over a car. It seems like it is the only thing our lives have revolved around since he started obsessing. Not only that, the foreclosure is still hanging over our heads. But Elder Scott says:
"Sadness, disappointment, and severe challenge are events in life, not life itself. I do not minimize how hard some of these events are. They can extend over a long period of time, but they should not be allowed to become the confining center of everything you do. …"
Events in life.  Men are that they might have joy … okay. That must take a talent I don't have. To see them as EVENTS in life, not life itself.
"Strong moral character results from consistent correct choices in the trials and testing of life. Your faith can guide you to those correct choices."
--Elder Richard G. Scott, Ensign, May 2003, 77
Now he's counseling to not only have faith, but use it to guide you to those correct choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment