Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gateway virtue

Ever heard of a gateway virtue before? Neither have I. I have heard of gateway drugs though.
"Patience may well be thought of as a gateway virtue, contributing to the growth and strength of its fellow virtues of forgiveness, tolerance, and faith."
--Elder Robert C. Oaks, "The Power of Patience", October Conference 2006
Do you have to have patience before you can move on to forgiveness, tolerance & faith?

There were some great thoughts on Facebook, I snagged them, as well as one I liked from a blog I follow.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
~ Lewis B. Smedes

"Everybody wants happiness. Nobody wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."
~ Kameryn

"Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it”

“The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”

"You can't sing all the verses for your life's song at the same time."

No comments:

Post a Comment