Earthquakes, nuclear reactors, foreclosure sale on our house in just a month, are these perilous times? They say that more than HALF of efforts to save your home from foreclosure fail. Half!!!
"Are these perilous times? They are. But there is no need to fear. We can have peace in our hearts and peace in our homes."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley Ensign, November 2001, page 74.
I wish I could have peace in my heart. I wish I knew what to do, but there is always this thought lurking that I am going to lose my home. I am going to lose my home.
We are going to lose our home & I'm just sick.
"What better example do we have of temperance than our Savior, Jesus Christ? When our hearts are stirred to anger by disputation and contention, the Savior taught that we should "repent, and become as a little child." We should be reconciled with our brother and come to the Savior with full purpose of heart. When others are unkind, Jesus taught that "my kindness shall not depart from thee." When we are confronted with affliction, He said: "Be patient in afflictions, revile not against those that revile. Govern your house in meekness, and be steadfast." When we are oppressed, we can be comforted in knowing "he was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth." "Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows."
--Kent D. Watson, "Being Temperate in All Things", Ensign, Nov 2009, 38–39
Perhaps if we had the assurance we were going to be able to keep our home, we would have peace in our home, instead of the contention that everyone is worrying to themselves, but not sharing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment