"No matter what your past has been, you have a spotless future."How many people do that though? It reminds me of Ralph Waldo Emerson's poem
--Hugh B Brown, Conference April 1969
"Finish each day and be done with it.Many times I have quoted this to myself when I have been embarrassed or feeling down about something that happened.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely
and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
I really like Elder Wirthlin's thought about the prophet & apostles are lighthouses in the storm.
"The gospel gives us that harbor of enduring safety and security. The living prophet and the apostles today are as lighthouses in the storm. Steer towards the light of the restored gospel and the inspired teachings of those who represent the Lord on earth."
--Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Finding a Safe Harbor", Ensign, May 2000, 59
No comments:
Post a Comment