Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Live today

Carpe diem - although a synonym of this is take no thought of the morrow, this is not the meaning I thought of when reading today's quotes. One of them is a repeat, as they so often are anymore. It was from "The Power to Heal from Within" by Elder Merrill J. Bateman


The other one made me think of the subject of this entry, live today or carpe diem (seize the day).
"Remember, tomorrow is connected with today, and what we do with today determines the tomorrow."
--Marvin J. Ashton, "The Time Is Now", Ensign, May 1975, 85
It also reminded me of the third verse in Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken" which says:
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment