Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Acquiring meekness

More & more frequently I am finding the quotes given are repeats. President Vern R. Peel, my mission president, would always tell us that repetition is the key to learning, or maybe it was Sister Peel. At any rate it seems the 2nd or 3rd time through I learn something just as I did the first time.
"None of us will escape tragedy and suffering. Each of us will probably react differently. However, if we can recall the Lord's promise, "for I the Lord am with you," we will be able to face our problems with dignity and courage. We will find the strength to be of good cheer instead of becoming resentful, critical, or defeated. We will be able to meet life's unpleasant happenings with clear vision, strength, and power."
--Marvin J. Ashton, "Be of Good Cheer", Ensign, May 1986, 66
Bishop H. David Burton in his October 2004 General Conference address tells us meekness "reflects a healthy self-esteem and a genuine self-control." Which I do not have & need to cultivate, just as President Peel used to urge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment