Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happiness

One of tonight's quotes is a repeat. President Gordon B. Hinckley talks about some of God's standards are out of date by today's standards here.

And President Benson's quote talks about happiness in marriage
"The secret of a happy marriage is to serve God and each other. The goal of marriage is unity and oneness, as well as self-development. Paradoxically, the more we serve one another, the greater is our spiritual and emotional growth."
--Ezra Taft Benson, "Fundamentals of Enduring Family Relationships," Ensign, Nov. 1982, 59
I read a study the other day online that a long marriage can be predicted. A study was done where they interviewed several couples & then followed up on them at periodic intervals, seems like it was 5 years, but I can't remember. Anyway, it showed that couples that gave 5 positives to every negative stayed together. I was telling Don about it at the grocery store. We walked past a family & the wife was very stressed. She was telling the husband where to get something & she was kind of rude about it & she spoke the same way to her kids. I wondered aloud to Don how long that marriage would last.

No comments:

Post a Comment