"These simple words — "He is not here, but is risen" — have become the most profound in all literature. They are the declaration of the empty tomb. They are the fulfillment of all He had spoken concerning rising again. They are the triumphant response to the query facing every man, woman, and child who was ever born to earth."The next quote is the emphatic one from Elder Ashton. I still think it should be empathetic & readthescriptures dot com has made a mistake. I should take a minute & find out.
--Gordon B. Hinckley, "He Is Not Here, but Is Risen", Ensign, May 1999, 70
So, in searching for Elder Ashton's talk, "Straightway," in the May 1983 Ensign, I came upon this quote:
Procrastination is unproductive delay. Someone has wisely said, “Procrastination is a silly thing, it only makes me sorrow; but I can change at any time—I think I will tomorrow!”And yes, I was right, the word is empathetically. Here is the correct quote:
Just by listening empathetically, we often can help others find their own solutions. Recently a stake president told me that one of the most sincere thank-yous he had ever received came from a young mother with two children who, under very difficult conditions, was trying diligently to succeed as a single parent. After a lengthy interview, her words of appreciation were simply, “Thank you for listening to me. I think I can face my problems much better now.”
No comments:
Post a Comment