Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gratitude for God's gift

I thought I had added this one by President Uchtdorf, but I've checked all 3 blogs & can't find it. Maybe it's on the scripture journal. I put some there one night when I was too lazy to figure out how to open a blog. I usually have 6 tabs open when I'm reading the scriptures & if I leave a blog open, it makes for another open tab.
"Our willingness to repent shows our gratitude for God's gift and for the Savior's love and sacrifice on our behalf. Commandments and priesthood covenants provide a test of faith, obedience, and love for God and Jesus Christ, but even more importantly, they offer an opportunity to experience love from God and to receive a full measure of joy both in this life and in the life to come."
--Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "A Matter of a Few Degrees", Ensign, May 2008, 57–60
This sounds like the plot of "Final Farewell" by Patricia Wiles. It is out of print, but I'd sure like to read it.
"When the time comes for you to sacrifice for that which you believe, will you have the faith to make that sacrifice? Will you commit to do anything the Lord asks, even if it means putting aside a lifelong goal?"
--The New Era, November 1989, pages 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment