Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do not fail the Lord

President Spencer W. Kimball was a very awesome man. When I worked at the LDS Church Office Building, it was during his tenure as prophet. I worked in the Missionary Department & got to see him personally occasionally. One thing on Mother's bucket list is to meet a prophet of God.
"I say to everyone within the sound of my voice, 'Do not fail the Lord.' We must accept the truth that the gospel principles are not on trial but that we are."
--Spencer W. Kimball, "Fortify Your Homes against Evil," Ensign, May 1979, 4
And ...
"You are sent to this world with a very serious purpose. You are sent to school, for that matter, to begin as a human infant and grow to unbelievable proportions in wisdom, judgment, knowledge, and power. That is why you and I cannot be satisfied with saying merely 'I like that or want that.' That is why in our childhood and our youth and our young adulthood we must stretch and grow and remember and prepare for the later life when limitations will terminate so that we can go on and on and on"
--Spencer W. Kimball, "the Matter of Marriage", from an address delivered at University of Utah Institute of Religion, 22 Oct. 1976, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment