"If we are well prepared, death brings no terror. From an eternal perspective, death is premature only for those who are not prepared to meet God."My mom is afraid to die. I think the unknown is always terrifying. I know my cousin Floyd Monson confided in his nephew Paul that he was scared. Paul was surprised. If anyone would be prepared to meet God, he thought his Uncle Floyd would be. He asked Floyd about it & Floyd said, "I've never died before."
--Elder Russell M. Nelson, Ensign, May 2005, 18
The 2nd thought is one we've had before. Elder Wirthlin admonishes our future depends on the decisions we make today.
Interesting subject, RaNae. My mother said to me the month she passed away, "I'm not afraid of death. Everything in my patriarchal blessing has been fulfilled. If the Lord takes me, I feel I'm prepared." Whoa! What a statement! We didn't realize, nor did she, that she was going to pass away. She was only 61 years old. Interesting the perspective people have about life! My mother-in-law was in her 80s when she passed away and she had said that she wasn't ready to die.
ReplyDeleteWow, Linda, your mom wasn't very old. She was our age!
ReplyDelete