Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our task is to become our best selves

Again tonight, as I searched for the quote, I kept thinking about it. "Our task is to become our best selves …" & I'm thinking, "Oh, ya? And how am I going to do that?" I found it was a repeat. Since we haven't even had a quote by Samuelson, that was an easy one to research.
"We may have much that worries us, and we may find many reasons to be concerned. Yet, as President Spencer W. Kimball observed, peace and the Savior's doctrine of forgiveness are inseparably connected: The essence of forgiveness is that it brings peace to the previously anxious, restless, frustrated, perhaps tormented soul."
--Cecil O. Samuelson Jr., "Words of Jesus: Forgiveness", Ensign, Feb. 2003, 48
The italics are mine … anxious, restless, frustrated, perhaps tormented soul. Forgiveness? How can you forgive when you are still being tormented by a family member? Or become your best self, when you are frustrated & near tears all the time?

I just found the alt key code for an ellipsis ( … ) : alt + 0133

No comments:

Post a Comment