Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Doubting thoughts

It's been as few days since I've read scriptures or updated any of my blogs. The computer's been down, I've not been feeling well …
"If you should have doubting thoughts, remember the counsel given by President Stephen L. Richards, a former counselor in the First Presidency, who declared: "Just say to those skeptical, disturbing, rebellious thoughts, 'I propose to stay with my faith, with the faith of my people. I know that happiness and contentment are there and I forbid you, agnostic, doubting thoughts, to destroy the house of my faith. I acknowledge that I do not understand the processes of creation, but I accept the fact of it. I grant that I cannot explain the miracles of the Bible, and I do not attempt to do so, but I accept God's word. I wasn't with Joseph, but I believe him. My faith did not come to me through science and I will not permit science to destroy it."
--President Thomas S. Monson, "Great Expectations", CES Fireside for Young Adults January 11, 2009
I like the idea of talking to my thoughts, I do that quite well, thank you. The next one is pretty thought provoking too.
"Do not ever disturb prelude music for others, for reverence is essential to revelation"
--President Boyd K. Packer; Ensign, November 1994, page 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment