Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Friday, May 13, 2011

New quotes

I've been following Gene & Pauline Esplin's blog, "Called to Serve." They are serving as humanitarian missionaries in the New Delhi Mission. It includes the northern portion of India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Bhutan. They are in Kathmandu. Pauline posted this quote & I liked it, so I snagged it.
"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions."
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
I finished reading the Institute of Religion's Old Testament: 1 Kings - Malachi Student Manual (Religion 302) tonight & snagged some thoughts from Chapter 35 for my scripture journal.
“I am convinced that each of us, at some time in our lives, must discover the scriptures for ourselves — and not just discover them once, but rediscover them again and again"
~ President Spencer W. Kimball
I found this to be true when reading the OT & again when reading the BOM this year, after just reading it last year.

Elder Bruce R. McConkie taught:
“. . . It is not reading alone; it is reading, pondering, and praying so that the Spirit of the Almighty gets involved in the study and gives understanding.”
~ “Drink from the Fountain,” Ensign, Apr. 1975, pp. 70–71

No comments:

Post a Comment