Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill
Shall we start with my favorite?
The movie The Trouble With Angels starring Rosalind Russell & Hayley Mills was released in the United States in March of 1966. I saw it when it came to Preston, to the Grand Theater, probably that summer. I was 15 or 16 when I saw it. I always loved Hayley Mills movies.
Two high-spirited young students at St. Francis Academy For Girls keep things hopping for the challenged Mother Superior and her staff of bewildered Sisters.
One of the top quotes for this movie is
Mary Clancy (Hayley Mills): I've got the most scathingly brilliant idea!
I have used the phrase "scathingly brilliant idea" ever since. It is part of my vocabulary & everyone knows when I utter those words, it's probably going to be outrageous.
No comments:
Post a Comment