Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
~ Winston Churchill

Sunday, October 3, 2010

quoghts to ponder

I had a Yahoo! Geocities web site for years for my personal use. I named it RaDoMiNic. Ra for RaNae, Do for Don, Mi for Mike & Nic for Nick. Janene always thought of it as do re mi, LOL. The colors mean something too. My favorite color is red. Don's is blue, Don-Mike's is green & Nick likes orange, black & gray

I had several pages on the Geocities site. One of my favorite pages was Thoughts to Ponder. When Yahoo closed down Geocities, I saved all my web pages & went looking for some place to build a new site.


I found one at webs.com & used the same name. I have to use their pre-made pages. I couldn't build them from scratch like I did on Geocities. I couldn't figure out how to add my page of quotes & thoughts. So, as I find quotes & thoughts I like, I've added some to my other blogs, but mostly I've just saved them in separate Notepad files.

I had a scathingly brilliant idea today. I could have a blog just for thoughts & quotes!!!!!!!!!! Wow!! Why hadn't I thought of it earlier??? I spent almost half an hour today looking for the web pages. I found many, many thoughts & quote files all over the network!! It's like writing something on a scrap of paper & then losing them. It's about time I started picking up these scraps & put them in one central place. 

So, while my family is out enjoying a Sunday ride, I hope they are enjoying it & not broken down somewhere on the side of the road, I am nursing my headache & starting yet another blog. I thought I'd come up with some cute name, maybe an acronym like QUOT or something, then decided no, I'd just go with my original name, Thoughts to Ponder. When I tried to put thots2ponder, Blogger said it was already used, so I thought I'd try quoghts2pondr. It took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment