I just subscribed to Goodreads Quote of the Day. The quote for today, June 18, was from Mahatma Gandhi. I put the h in the wrong place in Gandhi. I want to put it right after the G.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Interesting premise. At first I thought, "Well, I wouldn't do anything different than I am right now, if I were to die tomorrow. I'd still be sitting here at the computer." But then I thought, "Wait a minute … I'd go see Mother, but the rest of the stuff, people will just have to deal with."
Learn as if you were to live forever. We are, aren't we? Which brought to mind the scripture that whatever intelligence we attain in this life will rise with us in the resurrection found in the Doctrine & Covenants, Section 130:
18. Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.
19. And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.
It is, of course LDS scripture. Gandhi's quote is still something we should do. If we live the commandments & the way we should live, we aren't going to be scrambling at the last minute trying to set everything right.
No comments:
Post a Comment